La Porte, Michigan City and Valparaiso Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+


Personal Insurance

Your personal risk management strategy can have a major impact on your family’s financial bottom line. Gaps in coverage and inadequate liability protection could cost you financially.

Get Started !

Business Insurance

Risk Resource® is a four-step process utilized by General Insurance Services, Inc. to identify, develop, implement and monitor the risk management strategies for you and your business.

Get Started !

Health & Life Insurance

There are essentially two kinds of health insurance: Fee-for-Service and Managed Care. Although these plans differ, they both cover an array of medical, surgical and hospital expenses.

Get Started !


Sunrise over fieldFarm insurance is also known as ranch insurance, crop insurance, livestock insurance and farm rental insurance. Known mainly as farm insurance, it is known by these other names because of what these policies can cover for most any type of farmer.

Farm insurance is there to cover losses on crops, buildings, land or livestock. Natural disasters, strange weather and vandalism can happen to anyone at any time. When it comes to a homestead, farm or ranch, a person will want to be covered and covered well.

How do you know if farm insurance is what you need? There are three main reasons why a person needs to get farm insurance:

  1. If a person is a farm or ranch home owner. You can get a policy that will cover the farm and the homestead on the farm. The house and contents can be covered on a policy that covers farm land, equipment and livestock as well. A farmer can have both insurance policies separately written up, but they have the option (with many farm insurance providers) of having it all on one policy as well.
  2. If a person owns farm or ranch property. A person may have a farm or ranch that is nowhere near their actual homestead. The farmer may have a farm or ranch that they work at and own (separate from the homestead).
  3. If a person rents a farm or ranch for livestock or crops. Some farmers rent other land that is not theirs to plant more crops or to have more grazing land than they have on their own farm/ranch. Even though they are just renting the land, it is smart to get it insured. If there is a drought and they lose their crops on that rental property, the policy should cover those losses.

If a person owns or rents a ranch/farm in any capacity, a farm insurance company can help them to get the right policy so that they are covered. Keep in mind, policies will vary from insurer to insurer.

When it comes to natural disasters, a busy farmer/rancher does not want to be left sitting there wondering what to do next, or how they will recoup the loss from the destroyed crops or livestock. Farmers need to get covered to make those devastating losses worth surviving.

We’ve got you covered. Call General Insurance Services at 800-766-4478 for more information on Michigan City farm insurance.
Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version
Contact Us
Latest Blog Posts   Testimonials

State AutoProgressiveTravelersMetLife
Our Locations Home Get A Quote Customer Service About Us Contact Us
General Insurance Services
Michigan City
421 Franklin Street
Michigan City, IN 46360
(219) 879-4581
(800) 961-0953
M - F 8am-5pm
General Insurance Services
4208 Calumet Ave, #100
Valparaiso, IN 46384
(219) 464-3511
(888) 844-8376
M - F 8am - 5pm
General Insurance Services
La Porte
1200 Michigan Ave.
La Porte, IN 46350
(219) 362-2113
(800) 766-4478
M - F 8am - 5pm
  Trusted Choice IIA