When you have an RV, getting the right insurance is important to make sure you’re protected while on the road. Even if you have the best RV insurance protection you can obtain, how can you maximize the value of that coverage?
Working with your independent insurance agent, you should be able to get significant discounts for certain things. For instance, if you have had no incidents or accidents, your agent may be able to find you a lower rate. Additionally, if you have enhanced your RV with certain safety equipment or have taken safety classes to learn how to properly operate the RV, you may qualify for additional discounts.
Are There Any Other Ways to Maximize the Value of my RV Insurance?
Reviewing your policy once a year should be a priority. Asking your agent for comparison quotes can help you maximize your coverage while getting better prices. If you have a number of policies under one carrier, your rates should include bundle discounts. A few other things that may help you save include the following:
- No driving clauses: There may be periods of time throughout the year when you do not drive your RV for months. Though you should always maintain RV insurance, you may be able to add a no driving clause for these breaks. This can help in reducing the costs associated with your policy.
- Batteries: Removing the batteries when not in use for a significant period of time can stop corrosion and help with discounts.
- Paying it smart: If you have had your policy for a while with the same insurer and have paid on time, you can often take advantage of loyalty discounts. When you are this conscientious about keeping your insurance up-to-date, your insurer takes notice and may reward this type of customer.
- Being a safe driver: Drivers who don’t file many claims or avoid violations may become candidates for discounts. Your insurer is confident of your ability as not only a loyal paying customer, but one who is likely to remain trouble-free.
- Change the deductible: Raising your deductible can save you a lot of money, especially if you don’t use your vehicle on a consistent basis.
These are just a few ways you can maximize the value of your insurance coverage without negatively affecting your budget. There are a number of things your agent can do to help you get the most out of your policy.
Are you getting the most out of your coverage? Call General Insurance Services at (800) 766-4478 for more information on Michigan City RV insurance.