Do you own a used car dealership? If so, operating your business requires a lot of attention to detail. You may be focused on sales and inventory numbers. However, behind the scenes is your business insurance. Used car dealership insurance isn’t always easy to obtain or low costing, but it can be one of the best types of financial protections you put in place to keep your company operational. The risks of owning this type of business are numerous even if they may not seem evident.
What Are Your Risks?
As an auto dealer of any type you know the value of your business is in the lot itself. It is in these vehicles you hope to sell. However, there are extensive other risks present as well. For many used car dealerships, the biggest risks come from the unknown. What if something occurs on your property or after your vehicle leaves the lot and someone else suffers financial loss or even personal injury as a result? A single lawsuit like this can leave your company struggling to stay afloat. However, there is ample insurance protection available to help you.
Used car dealership insurance is likely to provide you with ample protection in terms of asset protection. This may include coverage for all vehicles on the lot, employees, and any other business assets. Liability insurance is even more extensive. It may provide you with coverage for risks such as:
- Property damage and bodily injury damage from lot and garage-related operations
- Protection for claims that come out of ownership and disagreements for owned autos
- Non-owned auto coverage for partners, employees and members that may be using the vehicles for personal affairs or business purposes
- Coverage for damage resulting from a client’s vehicle being damaged because it was left on your lot or in your garage
- General liability insurance for slips and falls and other types of liability claims made against your business
- Custom auto actual loss sustained cover can help to protect the vehicle in the amount of actual loss of a vehicle that is owned by a customer
- Defective product and faulty work cover are also important components for used car dealerships
Used car dealership insurance should have a sizable amount of financial protection for the assets your company owns as well as the liability risks it faces. Business insurance like this can keep you operational when claims occur.
We’ve got you covered. Call General Insurance Services at (219) 879-4581 for more information on Michigan City business insurance.