For the happiest day of your life, you must be covered! Wedding Insurance protects an engaged couple’s investment in the event of circumstances out of their control and provides reimbursement for incurred expenses.
Examples of Damages a Wedding Insurance Policy Will Cover
- A limo driver does not show up on the day of the wedding, forcing the couple to hire a different company in a crunch for double the price.
- The bride’s custom-made veil is lost in the airport so she must purchase a new one the day before the wedding.
- The reception hall goes out of business a month before the wedding, causing the couple to lose their deposit and book a new venue last-minute.
What Else Does a Typical Policy Cover?
- Venue – Policy covers the costs of unavoidable cancellation (damage to the venue) and if the venue is in an unusable condition due to fire, an electrical outage or has closed. Some policies will also cover the rehearsal dinner site as well.
- Weather – If weather conditions prevent the bride, groom or relative(s) whose presence is essential to the wedding or a majority of the guests from arriving to the wedding site; policy covers the cost of rescheduling the event, including all details, such as flowers, food, etc.
- Attire – Policy pays to repair/replace special attire (garments worn by the bride, groom or bridal party) if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Military or Job Transfer – Policy covers the postponement of the wedding due to the bride or groom being called into military duty or forced to make a last-minute job transfer.
Additional Coverage Options
- Photography – Covers the cost of retaking photographs if the photographer fails to show up or if image negatives are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Videographer – Policy pays to have a video montage created, video compilation of photographs or retaking the video using restaging techniques if the video is damaged.
- Gifts – Policy pays for the cost of repairing or replacing non-monetary gifts that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Personal Liability – Policy covers bodily injury or property damage caused by accidents that occur during the wedding.
- Honeymoon – Certain policies include optional travel insurance for the honeymoon.
A typical Wedding Insurance policy covering the loss of photos, videos, attire, presents, rings and deposits is affordable, considering a typical wedding budget. Contact General Insurance Services, Inc. at 1-800-961-0953 to learn more about how this coverage can help you to eliminate one less wedding day worry!